Friday, October 2, 2009

Invitation inundation....

So it was with great pleasure that Katie (my little sister) allowed me the opportunity to make her wedding invitations. After scouring the many, many sample books at the store she quickly discovered the style and type of invitations she really wanted were better suited for a ‘champagne budget’ and she’s working with something closer to a ‘tap water budget’!! Shocked and dismayed at the prices on these very simple invitations we were seeing, I knew I could make them with no problem and at a fraction of the cost! So many brainstorming and collaboration sessions later, we came up with this final product. This is a 5x7 invitation with a creative side-fold, wax-sealed flap design. When you open the invitation, there is a pocket on the left hand side which held the rsvp card and small additional information card. All the traditional wedding information was centered on the inside. If you don’t know Katie…she has impeccable taste! So it was my goal to make sure her handmade invitations didn’t look ‘handmade’. One of the things I am most happy with is the beautiful metallic cardstock with matching envelopes I was able to locate on the internet. (Gotta love Google!) After many months, lots and lots of hours and a few friends over to help with the assembly ….75 of these beauties were finally mailed out a few weeks ago….



As soon as I was finally finished with the wedding invitations…it was already time to think about the bridal shower invites. So back to the brainstorming we went. Katie took some time to go through my CTMH catalogs…picked a stamp set and a color scheme and I was off and running. I was also really pleased with how this little 8x3-1/2 beauty came out! With the exception of the small flower and the black metallic cardstock (same used on her invitations) all the other supplies used were from Close to my Heart! Take note I even used some of the paper from our new Jingle Level 2 paper pack…that is a Christmas paper pack! (When CTMH released the new catty and this new spunky colored Christmas paper was in there – I was really disappointed. I was really hoping for a more traditional paper pack.) But this paper pack is so versatile!! I am now in LOVE! I have done tons of artwork with it already and plan to do much, much more! So with that being said…check out this great invitation and come back again soon to check out all the great art I will be posting with the new Jingle paper pack!

Thanks for visiting today!

0 comments: